Hebrews 1:14 NIV
14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Angels capture my heart. I love Psalm 91:12 that says that they will lift us up in their hands lest we strike a foot against a stone and also that the angels encamp the righteous. Psalm 34:7 (If you are a Christian then that is you) before I really had a good look at angels and started to understand a little more about them I used to ask God how can angels encamp around us Daddy God (Abba) it must get pretty crowded if they are encamped all around us each and every Christian. As time went on and I saw more angels and read books on angels I realised just how tiny an angel can be. I remember once asking another seer/prophet who had said they had just seen an angel fly into a room. What do you see when you see an angel and he said to be “everyone sees something different”. So to that end I would like to do my best to write down and describe every different way that I have seen angels so that you can know and realise that you probably see angels all the time and have just not realised. Or maybe it will confirm what you have already thought or believed. Having said that there are people that see angels like they see people or see them as they truly are in the spirit realm. One such person is Kevin Basconi and I have read is angel trilogy series and have to say that when I was reading his book I saw more angels. This is important to note because if you want something in the kingdom and then you can ask for it and go after it. The way to do this is to pray for it, decree and declare, ask for revelation and wisdom about it and read about it. Learn more. I have seen angels, as they are in the spirit realm however that is not how I predominantly see them. The moments when I have seen an angel as they truly are and not a similitude is a rare and precious gift to me, one that I treasure that Holy Spirit has permitted me to see. I am forever asking God to show me his angels to even up the scale a little as I seem to have a remarkable gift for spotting demons however, even in this, what I see varies greatly ranging from ‘as they truly are in the spirit realm’ to ‘dark shapes’ or’ animals’ to the ‘down right preposterous’ really. Mostly, when I see angels it is not in dreams or even open visions but just with my spirit, using my own physical eyes. Predominantly Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) confirms an angel to me by showing me a beautiful electric blue spark it may be small like a glint or it may be as large as a soccer ball but if at any time I am unsure what I am seeing I always know that if I see that electric blue it is an angel. I know that is not necessarily written in the bible but it is how Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) shows me something specifically. For others it will be different. Anyway here is my list: –
- Single Streak of light (glory)
- Fiery outline of the shape of an angel i.e. A person with wings
- Golden shimmery outline of an angel
- Tiny little people with no wings resting upon our bodies
- Some angels look like animals and I have seen a lioness angel with wings that landed in my hand, it was so small, also one that looked similar to a bear is the closest animal I can liken it to and eagles. No matter the size of the angel, angels trump demons. I have seen a group of small angels fly at top speed at a demon and annihilate it. There is no fear. I have also seen a small angel bind up a demon like it was in a cocoon. There was no way that it could escape she did this in an extremely efficient and rapid manner.
- Swirls of air like something flying past you rapidly
- Watermarks (probably the most common for me)
- White glittery silhouette both small and large angels with wings and without
- Black silhouette shapes of angels
- Outline silhouette shape of an angel with large wings similar to how you would see a ghost
- Outline shape of a face of an angel with body of angel indistinct and swirly
- Showery cascades of vertical lines of light (exceptionally common for me)
- In dreams as you would see real people
- A white mist
- Sometimes I have seen angels as you would see a ghost, basically the outline or shape of the angel over lays the natural realm and I see this but it is extremely faint that I ask Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) if I have actually seen it and he confirms to me if I have or not because He is training me to trust what I see. Once I saw an eye in the middle of my bathroom but it was so faint and brief I discounted what I saw, however, the next night I saw it far more clearly. It was a demonic third eye that I needed to bind up and remove from my home. So, if you think you see something don’t just assume you haven’t really seen it, ask God for confirmation.
- Sometimes I just sense them moving towards me and I see glints of electric blue and I just having a knowing it is an angel as they come closer I can see the water marks more clearly. For those of you who do not know what a watermark is. Imagine water cascading down a glass window and that is similar to what you will see. Smaller angels sometimes fly around in groups and work together particularly if attacking a demon. However, I have seen them just fly through my bedroom together on their way to wherever they are going.
Just as important I believe, before I saw them I felt them. I used to feel them jumping onto my bed at night and resting on me. I have even felt them squeeze my toe. It was a bit scary at first but I was also learning to use my gift of discernment. I also very commonly, sense angels by feeling a tightened band around by chest, similar to how I sense Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) but much more intense. I have learnt from another prophet named Derek XXX that it is important to acknowledge angels and their purpose on the earth so that they can carry out what Father God has sent them to do. I believe this to be true because Father God has given us dominion on earth and also recently have experienced the difference between how angels behave when not acknowledged and given permission by the heirs of salvation and how they behave when they are given permission. Anyway, when I acknowledge them and ask them what they are doing, they speak to me and I say to them “minister what Father God has sent you to minister!” This is always extremely exciting for me because I know how much Abba helps us with his angels and we are not even aware of it.
How do angels travel. I have seen them fly into a room; come through portals, arrive in lightning strike; enter my bedroom and gain my attention through musical chimes etc. When angels visit me in my room my room becomes thick and foggy almost. I think the thick fogginess is God’s glory, which they always carry with them and around them it’s just that I can’t always see it as it would look in the spiritual realm. Sometimes I see them as moving patterns (that is always interesting) and as I mentioned in my above list I see blue glints of light. (This is the way Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) has taught me to know and identify the difference between an angel and a demon when I am unsure as to what I am looking at.) I know they are real when this happens because they touch me and put things in my hands or upon my head or whatever the Lord has sent them to do. Once an angel gave me a prayer shawl and put it on my head. That was very special. I know there is considerable concern in the body of Christ as to how you know the difference between an angle and a demon because Satan can masquerade as an angel of light. I can only answer this in my experience and so far my “knower” as some deliverance ministers term it tells me a lot. If there is a demon about I always have this feeling of uneasiness almost fear like. If it’s urgent, I really feel it in my spirit, which for me is a feeling in my heart. It’s strong and almost painful. If it’s an angel I don’t feel that way. The other thing is, if you are in an intimate relationship with Yeshua (Jesus) and His Spirit and with Father God, they don’t want you to be tricked by the kingdom of darkness. There is that scripture about Jesus saying how much more would Father wish to give us the Holy Spirit or the kingdom
Mathew 7:11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! NIV
I had an experience once where upon I was awoken in the night and I saw two white silhouettes of men standing near my prayer closet. Out of my prayer closet came a white silhouette of a woman wearing old-fashioned attire such as a hat with a ribbon tied under her chin and an 1800’s dress on. She rushed out of the closet very clumsily towards me and the two men (angels) rushed at her grabbed hold of her and they all disappeared before my eyes. My interpretation of that was that that was an evil spirit coming to trick me and I probably would have been uncertain because of the way she presented but God already had it under control with angels at the ready waiting for this event to unfold so that it never even came near me. No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
Isaiah 54:27 NKJV No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord.
Having said all that I am always waiting upon the Lord’s instructions or guidance from Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) as to what I am seeing in the spirit. Unless of course I feel that awful feeling in my heart then I immediately rebuke or bind the spirit.
Anything that occurs in the spirit must be carefully checked with Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) and with the scriptures and be in alignment with the word of God this of course includes prophecies. We always need to be vigilant and as Yeshua (Jesus) says as gentle as doves and as cunning as serpents.
Mathew 10:16 I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. NIV
It is so important to know God’s word because that also guides us into all truth. In the early days of learning to be a seer, I used to worry a lot about this and read what others had to say. But now, I am not so concerned because Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit) guides us into all truth. To facilitate this you need to know God’s word as much as possible and the reason for that is so that we know His will. Holy Spirit (Ruach Hakodesh) will not speak anything outside of God’s will. We need to have our heart on his heart or our ear on His heart. Which of course, brings us back to having a relationship of intimacy with God. If you are unsure about an experience you have had in the spiritual realm then see if there is anything about something similar in Gods word and also ask God to give you revelation and wisdom about what you have experienced. He is faithful to give it. If you don’t receive this immediately, keep seeking.